Dr Sandra L J Johnson
Dr Johnson is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Sydney Medical School in the Children’s Hospital Westmead
She has presented papers at various conferences locally and internationally.
Dr Johnson provides presentations and lectures on topics related to Child Development and Legal Medicine.
Lectures and presentations given by Dr Johnson include:
- Keynote Address: Child Health Technology Conference Sheffield UK (November 2023): AI into the future: role of Paediatricians.
- Keynote Address: Royal Society of Medicine London UK (May 2023): Ethics and Regulation for AI in Healthcare
- Presentation at Australasian College of Legal Medicine (ACLM) Annual Scientific Conference ( March 2023): AI in healthcare and the issue of Regulation.
- AI and Ethics: The question of Guidelines and Regulation. Oral Presentation at the 26th World Congress for Medical Law. Gold Coast Queensland Australia 5-7 December 2022.
- AI Regulation in Healthcare: can we achieve effective regulation? Presentation at Digital Health Week 2022 of University of Sydney, University of Melbourne and the Digital Health and Informatics Network (DHIN). Virtual Conference 15 - 17 February 2022.
- Expert Panelist on “International Keynote Panel Discussion: COVID-19: Lessons learned, Challenges Ahead". Physicians Legal Issues Conference by American Bar Association, American College of Legal Medicine & Chicago Medical Society. 23 September 2021.
- Children and Technology: ACLM Annual Scientific Meeting (Virtual Conference) 11 & 12 September 2021
- Annual Lectures Health Law I and Health Law II: University of Sydney Medical School program. (2017-2020)
- Brain Computer Interface: applications in Rehabilitation Medicine. ACLM Annual Scientific Meeting in Canberra October 2019.
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Ethics in Healthcare: Stewart Reuter Lecture at the 59th Annual Health Law and
Legal Medicine Conference of the American College of Legal Medicine, Los Angeles, 21-24 February 2019.
- Ethics in Therapeutics in Paediatrics: ACLM (Australasian College of Legal Medicine) Annual Scientific Conference, Perth, October 2017.
- Brain and mind disorders emerging in childhood. April 2017. Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney.
- Overview of Childhood Development. March 2017. Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney.
- Optimal emotional development in children: the role of parents and paediatricians. EAPS (European Association of Paediatric Societies) conference in Barcelona, Spain 2014.
- Medical evidence in court. Society of Neuromuscular Sciences (SONS) Conference at Thredbo August 2014.
- Legal and social rights of families living with rare diseases and disability. APSU Rare Diseases Conference at Children’s Hospital Westmead March 2014.
- Medicine and Law: annually to paediatric registrars at the Children’s Hospital Westmead.
- The paediatric expert witness: Conference presentation at RCPCH (Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) conference Glasgow 2012.
- The paediatrician as case manager for complex developmental problems: Conference presentation RCPCH conference Glasgow 2012.
- Paediatrics in Forensic and Legal Medicine: ACLM (Australasian College of Legal Medicine) conference in Sydney 2004.
- Consent in Minors: ACLM conference in Canberra 2012.
- Developmental Disability: ASSDIDD conference Helsinki 1996.
Presentations to teachers at schools/preschools and parent groups:
- ADHD: The many perspectives. Learning Difficulties Coalition of NSW Seminar in June 2017.
- Topics related to child development.
- Topics related to the school-aged child.
- Topics related to the preschool child.
- Presentation on positive communication with children.
- Presentations related to Legal Medicine.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: presentations to teachers at SPELD Australia.
- Presentation to parent groups on child development, disability, learning difficulties and behaviour problems.